Most companies develop an in-house sales and marketing staff to seek the benefits of direct control of the sales process. However, in tandem with the advantages of in-house development is a long list of logistical roadblocks. Outsourcing addresses those obstacles.
The key disadvantage of building an in-house sales team is the capital expense for people and technology. Staffing considerations and company resources will need to be diverted from, and funded by core business functions. If you are considering an investment in your sales and marketing, please consider the following:
- Is your company willing and able to hire the additional staff to execute the critical sales program, including representatives, program administrators and management?
- Do you have the support of upper management for ongoing programs?
- Have you proposed a budget? Had it approved?
- Do you have the physical space to facilitate such a department?
- Are you willing to purchase the information technology product infrastructure to operate and manage the process properly?
- Can you make changes to your IT systems and add the necessary Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software to manage the process?
- Will revenues from your current business model support the initial overhead?
- Do you have the management expertise in-house to lead your own sales organization?
- Do you have the prospects to support an ongoing in-house effort?
- Do you have a back-up plan if the department is not successful?
- Can you afford the “ramp-up” time and learning curve during the setup stage?
- Do you have the resources for successful sales rep training?
- Do you have the buy-in from sales, marketing and operations for their support functions?
Answering “no” to any of these questions may deter your interest in establishing an internal sales organization. Outsourcing may be the solution you require.
Outsourcing’s top advantages include the use of existing staff, resources, and management. Outsourced sales professionals can also begin work and create results faster because it is their core competency. However, not all outsourcing companies perform and execute with the standards of ITMC.
In addition to the overall advantages of outsourcing, there are other benefits to a partnership with ITMC. The areas in which ITMC excels include:
- Lead Generation: ITMC has extensive experience in managing the lead generation process. ITMC Business Development Teams have years of sales experience, and have been trained in tactical phone and interview processes.
- ‘Intelligent Marketing’ versus telemarketing: ITMC evolved from a systems integration company, delivering and implementing enterprise solutions. Working in that line of business afforded ITMC with insight into the needs of end-users, as well as longstanding relationships with them. Honing into the demands of the evolving high-tech market, ITMC shifted models to concentrate on sales and marketing. With a reputable history in integration, as well as continued service in distribution, ITMC has an edge over conventional telemarketing companies.
- Impeccable and Expansive Databases: ITMC has groomed contact information from tens of thousands of business clients. All aspects of database management are taken care of for you.
- Process Management: Scripting writing, training, resource technologies, specialized reporting and tracking capabilities are some of ITMC’s premier strong points. ITMC has originated processes unique to their Mselect and Eselect programs, setting them apart from their competitors.
- Competitive Pricing: Partnering with ITMC drastically slices your internal salary requirements and is more affordable than most traditional telemarketing companies.
- Personalized Programs: No two ITMC clients’ programs are the same. ITMC recognizes that sales needs are different for each customer. Increased flexibility allows for innovative approaches to each of your company’s sales initiatives.
Any company will need to spend time evaluating and managing an outsourced program; there is not an easy shortcut to success. ITMC can help. ITMC provides an easy, well-documented program, the professionals to run the program, and the results your business requires.